User Friendly Time and Attendance
Astrow - Browser Based Time and Attendance
Astrow provides a solid Time and Attendance solution with the emphasis on ease of use and attractive design, which makes it a good fit for most organisations. Astrow makes management of overtime, flexitime, holiday and absence tracking, rounding and automatic hours and overtime calculation a breeze.
Find how much time and money your company could
save by using our time and attendance ROI calculator
The latest version has completed the transition from a traditional Windows application to a fully web browser (Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer etc.) based solution. This makes installation quicker and easier with less disruption whilst requiring less resources on the end-users computers. Upgrades are near seamless because only the server needs to be upgraded and all the end-users will automatically receive the latest version.
STANLEY Astrow is an easy-to-use system suitable for most organisations.
- Established product that has been thoroughly tested and maintained. Astrow has been on the market for over 20 years.
- Modular system. Only pay for the features you need.
- Extendable and expandable. Add employees, sites and terminals as your organisation grows. Add modules as your business needs evolve.
- Reporting tool that supports CSV and Excel export formats.
- The system optional basic HR system for customers who do not have another HR system in place.
- Updated hardware range, catering for different reader technologies.
- Reliable service from a reputable name with decades of T&A expertise.
- Tailored solution to fit your business needs.
- Flexibility to change requirements to customers’ evolving business needs by purchasing additional modules.
- Maintain links with other existing systems for local administration (Payroll, HR etc.)
- Reduce time take for T&A management/payroll. This allows redeployment of key staff to more productive activities – ROI (focus on core business)
The latest version of Astrow is now a fully web browser (e.g. Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer) based solution. This has the following benefits:
- Nothing to install at the client computers. Does not require administrator rights.
- Quicker installation with less disruption.
- Can support non-Windows operating systems such as Apple Mac and Linux.
- Clients automatically benefit from upgrades applied at the server.
- Easier to add users.
- Replacement computers can be set up quickly for Astrow - just enter the address of the Astrow server into the address bar in the web browser and (optionally) add a bookmark/favourite/desktop shortcut
Astrow can be offered as a cloud-based/SaaS solution as well as in the traditional on-premises model. With Astrow Cloud the software is installed in our data centre and accessed over the Internet using your favourite web browser, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer or Apple Safari.
Astrow Cloud has the following benefits:
- No capital outlay for servers. We provide the servers and guarantee that they meet the requirements for the size of your Astrow system.
- No installation and maintenance costs. We perform all the installation and maintenance tasks, such as installing the Astrow software, pre-requisite server components, security updates and patches, and database backups.
- Less disruption during installation. Only the terminals will be installed on your sites, so disruption will be minimal.
- Multiple-sites only require a basic broadband connection at each site. On-premises solutions typically require a more expensive site-to-site VPN or similar.
- Available anywhere. Travelling managers and users can access Astrow Cloud whenever they have computer access and an Internet connection, even over a 3G mobile network.
- Faster and more convenient support. We don't have to arrange access to your computers to provide support. This is also more secure and doesn't tie up any of your computers.
Employees usually clock-in and clock-out using a hardware terminal, although there is also the option to use the web terminal to enable employees to clock-in or clock-out using their computer.
Our terminals communicate via your network to the Astrow server using industry standard and robust TCP/IP protocols.
The terminals can also provide additional information to the employee, such as holiday remaining or flexi-time balance and can also be used for absence clocking e.g. Off-Site Visits.
STANLEY offer several terminal models, with a variety of reader types. We can offer advice to help you to choose the model that best fits your organisation's needs. Multiple terminal models can be combined on the same ZEUS system to accommodate differing needs across your organisation. Each terminal will have an internal or external reader.
We offer readers that support proximity cards and fobs. Our standard offering is a KeyPACTM reader that provides a fast, convenient and reliable solution using either credit card sized cards, either pre-printed or printable, or heavy-duty fobs that can be attached to the employee's key ring. The KeyPAC cards can be presented to the reader whilst still inside the employee's wallet.
Our fingerprint reader provides a cost effective and convenient biometric solution. With a fingerprint reader, there are no cards to forget, lose or damage which can reduce administration costs. Fingerprint readers combat "buddy clocking" and ensures that employees' hours are recorded fairly and accurately. Employees simply place their finger on the reader when they want to clock-in or clock-out. The terminal will display the employee's name along with any other information that has been configured (e.g. flexi-time balance) to confirm that the clocking has been successful.
The EyeSwipe-Nano reader is a state of the art biometric solution that uses a person's iris (the coloured part of the eye) to quickly and accurately identify the employee. It is replacement for a proximity, magnetic stripe or similar reader with the added advantage removing the requirement to carry cards or remember PINs. Matching is performed on the unit and it has enough capacity to store 50,000 eye pairs.
The EyeSwipe-Nano is the ultimate defense against buddy clocking. This will help to increase employee productivity and save on paying unnecessary overtime. No more wasted
administration time issuing replacement cards or excuses for being late e.g. I have forgot my card.
Iris scanners are not to be confused with retina scanners. The EyeSwipe-Nano uses a pair of video cameras to capture high resolution images without any risk to the eye. The Iris contains more biometric data than any other biometric measurement other than DNA.
The EyeSwipe-Nano is a no-touch solution, preventing the spread of infections and is ideal where employees work with oil, grease or dirty materials.
A small selection of product images is given below.
The Team Manager screen is user-configurable and can show a variety of information such as clockings, absences, day programs, flexi-time balances and much more. It can also be used to enter data such as missing clockings or absences.
The Dashboard shows key information in an "at-a-glance" format. It will alert users if there are network or power problems that mean the terminals are not communicating, when there are anomalies from their team members that need to be addressed, when there are absences to approve and other useful information. The items that require action can be clicked on to display the appropriate screen.
Astrow follows a “management by exception” paradigm. Employees who work and clock their normal hours are automatically processed and do not require any input from the user. Exceptions occur when employees fail to clock, take unscheduled absences, work overtime that requires approval or have other attendance that is outside the norm. The user will be alerted to these types of event automatically by Astrow.
The Anomalies screen highlights where employees have not clocked according to the schedule, have overtime that requires approve or other anomalies. Clicking an entry will allow the user to make the necessary adjustments such as adding in missing clockings, approving or rejecting overtime or other changes. A handy "Send e-mail" link allows the suet to send an e-mail to the employee(s) concerned.
Employees can make their own requests for holidays and absences using this screen. Requests are automatically sent to supervisors for authorisation.
Reports are easily generated by simple tick boxes, and can output to the screen, printer, CSV, Excel and other formats. They can also be emailed.